Thursday, January 19, 2012

Back to Juicing





Looks like Going Crunchy may be a solo project.  The Mexican is not feeling it at all!  I think hubby may be a tad "celoso" of my obsession with Dan the Man aka The Life Regenerator.  I can't help it!  Dan the Man is crazy, honest, inspirational and entertaining as hell.  I love watching his videos because he talks about overall health.....  physical, mental, emotional, spiritual.  He talks about his journey on becoming a better person and lets us viewers into his life!  Kind of like an ongoing novela.  You know I love my novelas!
Ok, so I want to share Lou Corona's Lemon Ginger Blast recipe that I learned about through watching Dan the Man.
*side note*  Dan likes to talk.  So, if you don't want to watch the video, the recipe is below.
*additional side note*  After watching this video you may think...."This chic is CaRaaaaaZY!" and maybe I am......no shame in my game.


Lemon Ginger Blast (with my tweaks in parenthesis)
(always scrub and wash fruit and veggies 1st!)




2 Apples 
1- 3inch piece of Ginger  
1 Lemon peeled (I used one and half.  I love lemon!)
1 bunch of Cilantro
1 bunch of Parsely
1 bunch of Arugula (I substituted Spinach due to no Arugula in home)
3 Habaneros (ay, ya, ya!  I used 1/2 of a jalepeño)
1 Cucumber


*note* this makes a lot of juice!  I halved this recipe but kept the 2 apples and used a little more lemon and it was enough for hubby and I.





According to Dan and Lou, a Lemon Ginger Blast juice has all of these health benefits:

anti-viral
anti-bacterial
anti-fungal
anti-mucus
anti-parasitic
enhances circulation
stimulates digestion
neutralizes free radicals
oxygenating
detoxifying
energizing
anti-aging

This juice was amazing!  I immediately felt energized!  Hubby didn't drink his glass. Can we say stubborn? Our son drank about 1/4 of a glass and said it was good!  Yay!  At least someone is willing to try my juice.

I rarely make New Years resolutions.  Mainly due to I never follow through.  I am however setting a goal to juice at least once a day.  Now that the holidays are behind us and all of the tempting sweets and family get togethers are over, I feel it is a goal I am able to keep.

Luckily, a fellow blogger amiga is juicing as well!  BiCultural Mom has embarked on a 365 day life challenge. You can read about her journey here.   I was so happy to read she will be juicing.  Now I have more motivation to keep up with my juicing.  If my mexicanito will not join me, I'm happy to have a friend who I can share recipes and stay motivated with.

If anyone out in blogger land has a recipe they would like to share, I'd love to hear about it!

Stay tuned....







7 comments:

  1. And what does that juice taste like?

    Good luck with this venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,
    Believe it or not, it is really good! The apple, lemon, and ginger over power the taste of the greens. It is light and refreshing and really delicious! Thanks for the luck. I will report back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, hey! Que cool amiga!! I'm so excited that we could go on this journey together! I hadn't seen your "going crunchy" post, but I love that title! That's pretty much my point too with the 365 day challenge. I loved seeing the pics of your juicer and the video was pretty cool too...very crunchy! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know your juicing too! So glad to have a juicing buddy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wish to say your article is as astounding.
    The clarity in your post is just spectacular and i could assume you are an
    expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.


    Feel free to surf to my blog post; “eat your fruits and vegetables”. now

    ReplyDelete