Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Best Friends Series - Emergency



Sorry I've been MIA lately.  I promise I haven't abandoned my blog.  Once life calms down a little on my end, I'll be back and blogging to my full potential!  Promise.

I know I've mentioned my best friend on the blog before but have I ever mentioned we gave blogging a shot once?   Yes we did!  I still have access to some of the posts and with her permission I decided to share some of our pasts posts here.

I'll be posting some of these posts from our former blog occasionally.  (Obviously, when I'm short on material or extremely busy.)  At any rate, I hope you'll laugh and enjoy getting to know the person that is my more like my sister than a friend.


Advertisement




So about a week ago, Tara called me in a state of panic and she said, "Niki, grab your hat with the light connected on it and an additional flashlight.  I need some serious help. Please come now."  I was like okay, let me grab Dylan, my hat, Cole's hat that has an attached light also, and my flashlight. I will be right there."

 I'm in a state of panic hoping nothing is wrong with her son or husband. Then I thought, her son is at school and her husband is working so maybe it's just something with her... and then I really panic.

  I can't have anything happen to my best friend!  I was running all these different scenarios out loud to Dylan and the only advice he could give me was, "maybe she needs a bath with Sponge Bob Bubbles."    I just laughed and said,  "you might be right."

 One of the great things about mine and Tara's friendship is, we don't ask questions until later.  That's our "policy" so to speak.  We just know we are needed, go,  and get answers later.  

When I get to her house, Dylan and I rush straight through the door.  I already have my hat on with the light going, my flashlight turned on,  and a lighted hat ready to go for her.  I take one look at Tara and I knew something was really wrong.  I said, "Are you okay? What's wrong? Are you sick?  Is anyone hurt?" 
  She looked at me with what looked liked tears in her eyes and said, "Niki, it's bad.  All of my anti-anxiety medication is all over this kitchen.  I opened the bottle and I don't know if I lost my grip or what, but my pills went everywhere.  They are under the fridge, under my stove, I think in that drawer and some may have went down my sink drain.  I don't know but we have to find them all and quick! My cats keep walking through here and there might even be some in their food dish. They will be the happy ones walking around instead of me!"  My response was, "Oh my, this is an emergency. You have to have those."

So she puts on Cole's hat with the light, I have on my hat with the light, Dylan is playing with her son's toys in the living room. We have our flashlight hats on and are ready to start  hunting on the kitchen floor, on our hands and knees. As I looked at the one pill that was left in the bottle, I realized that these pills were about the size of a few pin heads and I didn't have on my glasses. This wasn't going to be easy.

We begin looking and we aren't seeing anything.  Tara moves and we hear a faint crushing sound.  Tara was like, "Oh no! Please let that be a food crumb."  Unfortunately it was one of her pills, tragically reduced to dust right there on the kitchen floor.  I said, "If you have a straw you can probably suck that one up.  That can be your "one" for today.  Then it won't be a total loss."   Tara agreed but we had no straw. The next thing I know, she is literally licking it off the floor.  I must have looked disgusted but she quickly said, "Don't worry, I mopped yesterday."

We proceeded to look for the pills very carefully.  We decided to move the refrigerator which was not an easy task. My back is still hurting.  However, we did find about 6-8 pills and blew them off and carefully placed them back in the bottle.  We get back down on the floor and in walks her husband, all he could do was just look at us and shake his head with a little laugh and he just left.  So now we decided to move her stove out and I seriously feel like at this point that my back was numb.  I was literally having to stand hunched over from the pain. Sure enough there were a few under her stove.  We also looked  through the drawer that was open and found quite a few in there.  We continued to hunt all over the kitchen and we found a few more.  We finally decided to give up because Tara was pretty sure by looking in the bottle we had most of them.

 We decided to count the ones recovered and quickly discovered we were still very short.  Tara was in a panic but I asked if it was close to her refill time and she said yes, it has to be.  So we call Wal-Mart to ask for a refill.  Apparently, she still has another couple of weeks until she is allowed to get a refill.  They couldn't believe she was already out of her pills but we tried to explain what happened.  It was apparent they thought we were making this up and they possibly thought she was an addict.  After she hung up the phone, I knew what her next words were going to be and I was right.  Tara looked at me and said, "Well, turn your lights back on because we need to keep hunting since I have to wait 2 weeks for a refill."

 So back on our hands and knees we went!



4 comments:

  1. thanks for re-sharing that funny story. Somethings should just not be dropped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, OMG. I don't think I'll be able to forget you trying to salvage your pulverized tabletas. Can't tell you how many times I've come close to doing the same, usually always because I'm in a hurry. Now that I have a puppy, I make a point of taking my time. *lol* Your husband turning around and walking out. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ezzy, hubby is so use to my friend's and my escapades that he simply ignores us now... haha.

      Thinking 'bout you today and hoping you weathered the storm okay.

      Abrazos!

      Delete